A serious house fire took place in South Lynn on 21st October. The fire, started in the fuse box, triggered the smoke detector alerting the occupants and allowing them to leave the property. However, the occupants reported their dog as missing.

Three fire crews were called to the scene at around 11.30am and worked quickly to save the house structure and dog. Firefighters rescued the dog from under a bed then used a SmokeyPaws oxygen mask on the dog.

Thanks to the fast acting and effectiveness of the Firefighters the house remains standing, and the dog was found. The dog is likely to be alright and not suffer from the experience due to the SmokeyPaws oxygen mask.

Do you want to help ensure no pets die from lack of oxygen following a fire? Donate to SmokeyPaws today and help us reach our goal of giving every UK fire engine a kit of masks.

Find out more about the rescue here.