On January 19th 2018, Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service were called to the scene at 1.20pm and rescued the dog. The pet was also given oxygen therapy

The home on Doxey Road, Stafford, caught fire with a dog inside at the time. Thankfully no one else was in the house at the time.

The Express and Star reported that a spokeswoman for Staffordshire Police said: “Crews from Stafford, Stone, Eccleshall and Rising Brook were in attendance. They used four breathing apparatus and one hose reel jet.

“The original call to us reported there were people in the building but when we arrived, there was no one thankfully but there was a dog.”

An investigation is currently underway to discover how the fire started.

Help us to achieve our mission of providing every first responder with a Smokey Paws kit by donating today!