Merseyside Fire and Rescue Service were on hand to help a young canine called Tammy yesterday when they attended a fire at a property in Moorhey Road, Maghull.

11 months old Tammy was in the front room of the house when a fire involving a washing machine/ tumble dryer started in the kitchen.

After rescuing Tammy safely from the living room, crews gave her extra oxygen outside with the help of a Smokey Paws oxygen kit.

The new kits were introduced by Merseyside Fire and Rescue Service earlier this year and fourteen fire engines in Merseyside now carry pet-friendly oxygen masks to help pets in distress.

The fire itself was extinguished quickly by the crew after they arrived.

Help us to achieve our mission of providing every first responder with a Smokey Paws kit by donating today!